Saturday, January 8, 2011

When Life Gives You Limes...

...You make a few Rhymes!
Today I'm going to talk to you about a common aspect in poetry; rhyming. Rhyming is such a broad subject; I couldn't possibly explore all the aspects and uses of rhyming. So, for today I'd like to start writing poetry, with rhymes of course, about a simple topic; a location. Imagine yourself standing on the beach on a tropic island. Or standing in Time Square. In a sunny meadow, or even on the moon.
So start brain-stroming by putting some aspects of the location, and adjectives to describe your location.
The way I do it is I start to just write my poem. Try writing in 4-line "paragraphs" or verses. Write the first two. Then rhyme the last word of the first line with the last word of the 3rd line. Do the same with the 2nd and 4th.
Example:
"Little Breezes"
Little breezes dancing,
Singing above my head.
Spring is now a prancing.
Just as I always said.

Small leaves a blowing;
Streaming through my hair.
The day is all but slowing,
But those little breezes never care.

Flowers grand and bright.
Grass stands higher still.
Trees shadow with all their might.
The sun's still nearing the hill.

The sun is setting, what a shame
But they never really did care
Still doing the same
Little breezes dancing.

By Mari B.

Posted by M.

No comments:

Post a Comment